HR leaders know a lot about how organizations run. That perspective gives CHRO's a unique insight that is needed in the boardroom. This session will explore the role of HR in the boardroom including best practices for interacting and participating in governance discussions on people, culture, leadership, succession, executive compensation, sustainability, and engagement. Specific learning objectives include:
- understanding current board issues and topics that are germane to the HR function
- exploring best practices for working with the CEO and Board Chair on people, talent and culture matters, and;
- how to think about and position your HR experience and background for future board service.
The presenters will share insights and research based on:
- Current business, economic and social trends including Board diversity that impact risk, company performance, reputation and engagement and how this is affecting HR issues discussed in the boardroom;
- Current best practices for working with the CEO and the Board on human capital management issues and priorities;
- CEO requirements of their HR leader to align the talent agenda with growth and organizational performance; and
- Desired attributes of Board members that HR leader should be aware of as they prepare for future board service, i.e., networking, resume preparation, professional experience, etc.
Larry Krema, Managing Director, Allegis Partners
Keith Meyer, Global Practice Leader, CEO and Board Practice, Allegis Partners
Human Resources Management Association of Chicago
330 N Wabash Ave., 19th Floor
Chicago, IL, 60601